aberdeen-music

Whitehouse , Play The Tunnels Mon 14th April

Quite enjoyed it, thought some of it went on a bit though.

Asahara almost put me through the roof with his no-nonsense distortion blast opening. Some good sounds being made but mostly I enjoyed the variation in his set, which lacked in some of the others. Wasn't as much arm flailing and anti-dancing as last time though, boo.

Sumi Sumi was excellent, I enjoyed the beats being splayed everywhere then snapped together in the space of a second. The vocals were stunning, and the lady's robotic shuffling around the venue was a little unnerving.

KMVSNI weren't as good as I've seen them before, I remember being blown away by their ferocity last time. The third guy's contributions did add some nice thicker textures though.

Whitehouse were devastating. Found myself struggling to take the onstage antics seriously but the sheer noise they put out was unparalleled.

Great night, thoughly enjoyed all the acts. SumiSumi being the standout performance after Whitehouse. However, my ears are still pretty fucked.

Found myself struggling to take the onstage antics seriously but the sheer noise they put out was unparalleled.

I think that was the point, I thought the stage antics were amazing - totaly surreal stage performance.

And so it should have been! Who was doing vocals with Sumi Sumi?

That would be me. I'm glad you liked it, improv is not something that I am experienced with, but I really enjoyed the gig. I'm looking forward to collaborating more with Andy.

Cheers

Jayne

Jayne Carmichael - 1st Soprano

MySpace.com - Jayne Carmichael - UK - Classical Opera and Vocal - www.myspace.com/carmichaeljayne

Guest Donald

I wasn't actually there as I now live in England. I was just interested to see if Aberdeen's more experimental scene was branching out a bit. I'll look forward to hearing some recordings in the future.

Cheers for the reply.