aberdeen-music

Boss Micro BR

WoodyRATM

Hi i bought one of these things a few weeks ago.

I can actually record stuff on it, but my problem is when i try to convert to mp3 it only converts tracks 1-4 or tracks 12(1 and 2) or tracks 34 (3 and 4).

So does this mean i need to record guitar on track 1 and vocals on track 2? and i cant add a bass track or lead track to the final recording? even though i can on the unit itself?

Does anyone know how to get all the tracks to convert?

or does anyone know if its possible to record the physical track data and use some computer audio software to multitrack it?

I know nothing about recording (minus what the manual says..and its mighty complex) but it the unit can convert to WAV, this could be be used within some software to multitrack together right?

Cheers if anyone can offer ANY help? Its really starting to bug me that i cant get those final 2 tracks...

Ta

Dave

Hi i bought one of these things a few weeks ago.

I can actually record stuff on it, but my problem is when i try to convert to mp3 it only converts tracks 1-4 or tracks 12(1 and 2) or tracks 34 (3 and 4).

So does this mean i need to record guitar on track 1 and vocals on track 2? and i cant add a bass track or lead track to the final recording? even though i can on the unit itself?

Does anyone know how to get all the tracks to convert?

or does anyone know if its possible to record the physical track data and use some computer audio software to multitrack it?

I know nothing about recording (minus what the manual says..and its mighty complex) but it the unit can convert to WAV, this could be be used within some software to multitrack together right?

Cheers if anyone can offer ANY help? Its really starting to bug me that i cant get those final 2 tracks...

Ta

Dave

Dave,

I've got one of these beauties that I travel with and use with backing tracks for practising when I'm on my own.

I'll have a go tonight and try to replicate your problem and get back to you.

Ok perhaps im doing it wrong (the converting i mean)..

I do the full recording, press utility > trk > export > what comes up is T1V1...etc.

Theres not a section within the song section to export it all :swearing:

And surely its a bit daft if i have to aquire audiosoftware and convert the songs to WAV then use the software to multitrack?

Jeez its pissing me off so much now.

When I first got my BR1100 (or 1180 or whatever it is), I had similar problems. I found that I wasn't mastering properly, and once I was, the recordings worked fine. Have you made sure you are trying to convert the mastered version of the tracks?

Hmm i'll have a squint in the manual...doesnt the mastering just make it like a uniform volume?

I hate the manual for this...rather annoyingly complex...

When I first got my BR1100 (or 1180 or whatever it is), I had similar problems. I found that I wasn't mastering properly, and once I was, the recordings worked fine. Have you made sure you are trying to convert the mastered version of the tracks?

YASS! we have a winner!

Cheers for the help folks, it is now working :)

• 1 month later...