aberdeen-music

Experienced Metal Drummer Needed

_cocytus_

Preferred age 18+ (average band member age 23)

Our Influences At the Gates, Dream Theater, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, Emperor, In Flames, Symphony X, Cynic, Opeth, Dissection, Dark Tranquility, Decapitated, Nevermore, Korn

When/Where we practice every weekend at Captain Toms

We are based in Aberdeen

We have 4 demo tracks recorded in a home studio available online @ MySpace.com - Empyrea - Aberdeen, UK - Death Metal / Progressive / Experimental - www.myspace.com/empyreaband

We have a lot of ambition for this project, and we need someone that is skilled enough to handle the level of complexity required for this kind of music. That being said, we would give you time to bring yourself up to the required level and we have drum tabs for all the songs.

Contact me via this forum or directly to the myspace page if you are interested.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i'm sure Ihsahn, Jeff Loomis, Jon Ndtveidtand (RIP), Vitek (RIP) would love being described as nu metal...

Sure, we're influenced by some bands that were described as nu-metal. We were kids in the 90s and we're not ashamed of that. I hope you'll also be pleased to know we're going to include some scratching in our upcoming album.

As for the drumming, what we actually want is someone who can both do double kick style/blastbeats AND play funkier stuff as well. The drum parts are much harder than your average metal band, believe me....