aberdeen-music

Seeking band members

Alkaline

I'm looking to start a project to keep me occupied during the transition period that my current band, Genevieve, are undergoing. I will stress that i view Genevieve as my main band but i assure you that anything i start will have my full commitment as well.

I'm looking for other musicians that want to play music regularly and have an interest in a wide variety of musical styles.

I'm interested in people who want to make intense soundscapes drawing from a multitude of influences along the lines of: Isis, Caspian, Sigur Ros, Cinematic Orchestra, iLiKETRAiNS, Blade Runner OST and whatever other similar influences anyone else would like to bring in. I'm very open to expanding my musical fields.

I would prefer it if any interested parties had their own equipment (to a reasonable standard) and had time to get together at least once a week. There is a full rehearsal space available in Maud that can be used as well.

Age is not a major issue, but a grounded attitude and the ability to "bring something to the table" in a band situation is an absolute must.

Gender is also not an issue.

I don't specifically want to stay withing the "usual" constraints of a band, i.e vocals, guitar, guitar, bass, drums etc, so feel free to get in touch if you play other instruments too. I'm especially interested in people who can play violin or cello and people with an in depth knowledge of computer based music as well.

Please drop me a message here if you want any more info or are interested at all.

Cheers

Phil

Hey man id be interested in starting something, im into a similar style of music as some of the bands youi've listed above, especially sigur ros. I play guitar and am learning keyboard at the moment. I have reasonable equipment. No peda;ls though, which might prove to be a pain in the ass.

Zed Machine looking for folks!

Hey Phil,

I've just started a band with 3 other people doing sort of what you are looking for.

We have 2 guitars, bass (me) and drums with loads of kit, drums machines, synths etc.

Check out MySpace.com - Zed Machine - UK - Electronica - www.myspace.com/thezedmachine for a couple of rehearsal tunes with some work on them in cubase.

and MySpace.com - Electrolite - Aberdeen, UK - Electronica / Ambient / Breakbeat - www.myspace.com/soundefex for my own stuff.

Looking for like minded musicians mainly for vocals, keyboards, guitar synth stuff or anyone interested in pushing buttons.

Wouldn't mind interchanging bass and button pushing with others.

All in our 30s and don't think we will give up the day jobs but we are all interested in gigging around Aberdeen and getting some myspace exposure and perhaps doing some studio stuff although we all have home studios etc.

We rehearse at Musical Vision every Thursday 7-9, trying to keep this regular slot.

Get in touch if you are up for it. The main idea of Zed Machine is a collective with no limit to the number of people and hence ideas and direction.

If not give me a shout about the computer music aspects of your own stuff that sounds great as well.

Ive been writing and recording stuff with cubase for about 10 years now open to all styles.

Cheers,

Stephen

Cheers to everyone who replied, i got back to a few people who were interested.

I'm now specifically looking for someone who is keyboard and/or cello/violin capable and a drummer.

Get back to me here or on my myspace if you can do either.

Thanks again for the replies.

Phil

Phil

My brother plays the drums to a pretty high standard, he was saying the other day he'd be interested in something a bit more atmospheric.

I could pass on contact details if you like?