aberdeen-music

I-Pod Repairs?

RAI123

Hi folks, I bought an 60GB I-Pod Photo in 2005 from PC World which has been a complete waste of time for the best part of this period. I do have that PC Performance cover on it however it does not cover batteries and it appears my battery is certainly goosed as I get the icon showing battery power is so low that I-Tunes won't even be able to acknowledge the I-Pod until it charges for at least 30 mins. I have also seen the "sad I-pod" icon as Apple describes it which indicates a hardware problem. I have found a site that will replace battery much cheaper than Apple but wanted to check if anyone knew anywhere in Aberdeen that repairs I-Pods before I go sending away to London or having to wait until I visit Glasgow next to pop into the Apple Genius store or whatever its called.

If you've managed to read this far thanks and Happy New Year.

Thanks, yeah I've tried resetting it but nothing happens I don't think it can hold a charge anymore. First problem I had was it freezing whilst flicking through songs so I removed all music from it then added it back on which seemed to work for a while. PC World are not very helpful at all, they treat you like you have done something wrong. The trouble I found with them that if it is the battery they want to charge 79.99 when I know other places especially online services will replace battery for cheaper.

I had problems with an iPod purchased from Lewis' a few years back. Returned to them as it was only few months after purchase but there was nothing they could other than send it back to Apple as Apple state that it can only be covered for replacement by the retailer for a couple of weeks.

CMYK Solutions (if I remember correctly) is Aberdeens registered Apple repairs centre. It may still be sent away but it saves having to send it yourself. They are on Bonaccord street. I took it in there and they dealt with it. It had to be sent off for repair. As it was still in the first year and, if I remember correctly, I got a replacement.

Aberdeen