aberdeen-music

What are your favourite clubs in Aberdeen?

Ian_Brown

Just wondered what clubs you all go to atm?

I'm only 20 and I don't really bother going to clubs anymore to be honest. Maybe Exodus at the weekend but it's a glorified toilet.

Aberdeen just doesn't really seem to have any good ones.

I'll go to see dj's at kef and Snafu like Erol Alkan and the Scratch Perverts.

but both these clubs are pretty small and not the type of places I'd go every week. I used to go to the likes of Liquid a lot but they're horrendous. Don't get me started on dross like Priory, Pearl 'Harbour' Lounge, Espionage (haven't been there in years and never will again) etc etc. All they play is crap pop music, r n b and such like. Why can't there be mainstream clubs which play trance, hard house, drum and bass etc? Or even rock, indie, punk etc.

Budz bar may not have been to everyones taste but at least they were (or at least energy promotions) attracting some great dj's every single weekend.

I suppose there's Moshulu but I just seem to have been going there too much in the past few years. It always seems the same and it's a middle aged headbanging cock fest.

Tunnels in fairness is a decent venue and get's some good dj's. Again it's often quiet though.

I struggle to find a decent club these days in Aberdeen as well to be honest, as you say it's just R&B and pop pish in the more popular places like Espionage and Priory. I used to love Estaminet due to it's cosy atmosphere and live DJs every night playing a wide variety of decent dance/house etc. But then it changed it's name to Bruin and got reeeeeeeeally shit. I've still never quite recovered from it, I can never find anywhere worth going now. I've been meaning to check out Snafu again, I haven't been for ages and I remember it being pretty good. There's a good little review of Snafu in this months Mixmag and the owners bemoan the lack of decent dance clubs in the city, as most places cater for the student market, got to say I agree.

You could always go to Kode! Insufferable hard house shit and surrounded by drug dealers.

Guest Neutral

Best club music wise - hard house used to be drum - now kode across from moshulu, made for a good night out, there was less trouble there than in mono or the priory, havent been there since it changed as im working most nights, recommended