aberdeen-music

Morrissey vs. NME ...again

Oh, and the personal insults are a nice touch, kinda suggests you're losing the argument if you feel the need to personalise it.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm simply enjoying picking apart your impotent anger towards one of the few social groups worse off than yourself. Still, the abused always kick downwards...

:up:

Just came across this absolute peach...

8-)

Morrissey's taken-out-of-context-racial-slurs aside, I've just got my ticket to see him at the Ediburgh Playhouse in Feb

Thank goodness you posted this up, I wasn't aware this date had even been announced, never mind tickets on-sale. Managed to get a couple for the balcony, which I prefer to circle, other than that I won't have the opportunity to "gurgle from the circle".

nothing NME do can surprise me quite frankly.

Somebody sent me a link to 'The Wombats' album review.

They started the review off by saying something along the lines of how The Wombats are going against the grain because the current indie crowd write very deep and political lyrics o_O. And apparently when the Beatles were around lyrics only tended to be little songs about girls they fancied o_Oo_Oo_O. Whoever said that must be at the windup.

Anyway, yes they have stitched him up. It's quite appalling really but as I say, not surprising. What's ironic is this is a guy who's songs are largely devoted to supporting causes and groups.

Why don't the NME go and ask some kids out of The Enemy or the Arctic Monkeys what their view on immigration is ?(. They might get some funny answers then...

It had absolutely nothing to do with the context of the interview though and the way they kept plugging their NME against racism campaign was pathetic. Morrissey only spoke common sense. It's pretty bloody clear that Britain as a country is losing it's identity day by day. I mean in Dundee it's estimated 1/7 people are now Polish ffs.

To be honest though they're so pathetic that I'm beyond bothered about what they have to say. there's enough clueless left wing apologists in the world for me to worry about :down: