aberdeen-music

Morrissey's Highest Ever Chart Position

Looks as if Morrissey is about to have the biggest hit of his career, his new single is at number two on the mid-week sales charts. It will no doubt fall a few places by Sunday, but he still seems destined for the Top 5. The track is quite average by Morrissey standards and the album very patchy, but the media certainly seem to love him again.

dunno why morrissey is flaunting himself the way he his but all that hard work seems to be paying off, i think the single is ace but then again morrissey could release a record which consisted of him sneezing and i would still love it.

the man is back....

just for the record morrissey's biggest hit either solo or with the smiths remains his debut single 'suedehead' which reached number 5 in february 1988 and his last top ten hit was 'the more you ignore me the closer i get' which reached number 8 in march 1994

its alright i've got me coat....:dunce:

even if it's below par for Mozza (which I dont know that it is) it will still be total genius relative to the insipid river of stinking pointless shite thats coming out of the TV and the radio just now

fucking keen, the thrills, coldplay, snow patrol, etc

dont make me spew

Originally posted by delboy:

just for the record morrissey's biggest hit either solo or with the smiths remains his debut single 'suedehead' which reached number 5 in february 1988

That song sounds sooooo much like a smiths track tho....the irish smiths cover band include that song in their set as it goes so well.....classic track though, and one of my faves.....

morrissey i love and the single is okay. the tracks from the album i heard live last year were great but i fear he hasnt had anything interesting to say for a while. and thats not a bad thing. i am a huge smiths morrissey fan but i shalnt let my love for him cloud the fact that stuff aint good or not interesting. the first of the gang to die is awsome

I am not really familar with either his work or his work in The Smiths, though my brother does owna number of albums so perhaps I should give them a listen. As for his new song I saw it being played on Jonathan Ross a long with another track...both of which were rater average sounding and didn't really catch my attention...he does have some crazy eyebrows and that red suit was quite daring...I'll have to listen to other work of his before I can confirm my opinion.