aberdeen-music

Reason or Reaktor???

Guest Neubeatz

Guest Neubeatz

Have you used either of these two programmes for producing your own music(no I dont mean remixing presets) and what did you think in terms of UI, functionality, results etc....???

i've used reason a bit before, though mostly for using my midi keyboard. it has some really nice piano samples which i would record into reason then import into whatever i was multi-tracking with.

the interface to reason can be a bit overwhelming at first, there's so much to play with and configure. i know i've never used it anywhere close to its capabilities, however, i've seen what happens when someone does, and it can be really impressive.

however, i don't find it very organic to work with, i'm a lazy multitracker. 2.5 of reason has much better distortion panels than 2.0. i'd say it's worth the money they charge for it, compared to the price of other software packages.

Unless you can get loads of Reaktor Mods / Instruments or you know how to build synths, stay clear of it. It is overcomplicated drivel for nerds (unless you love that sort of thing).

Reason 2.5 is a straight forward but powerful synth / sampler / sequencer package all in one and is rather good If I do say so myself. I have heard some really good stuff being made with it.

Badger