aberdeen-music

FOALS plus supports

Tuesday 11th December @ Moshulu

FOALS

'One of the hottest new bands in indie -they deserve your immediate and total adulation.' - NME

'Like an afrobeat don caballero' - Franz Ferdinand.

Foals, along with their peers Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies, have been the one of the most impressive, forward-thinking bands Oxford has had to offer over the last few years. After a small break, due to the loss of a band member, they're back with a new name, three new members and an adaptation of their previously irregular time signatures, angular guitar interplay and dissonance, to try and create the 'future of pop music'.

www.myspace.com/foals

SUPPORT TBA

Tickets from:

Ticketweb

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_scotland&query=detail&event=242209&interface=

www.moshulu.net

• 1 month later...

tickets are still available (one up / ticketweb etc)

yes, support will be right hand left and us little kicks

looking forward to it a lot

we have this gig, then an XFM session in december then we are taking until march off from gigging as a full band (got two accoustic dates in january booked with YETI) to work on new songs and write ideas and general writing / no gigs time

basically , weve got too many ideas which have a lot of real promise and too little time to work on them because we always have a gig upcoming to work for!

ill be playing some solo gigs to try new material out and hone the songs in the meantime but apart from that , thatll be it.

we will be playing a new song at foals for sure tho which we are very pleased with

it sounds like a mix (in different places) of (and was influenced by listening to) my morning jacket / love / the smiths / modestmouse - and played in a little kicks stylee

hope to see you there

I have a major problem with Foals. The Edmund Fitzgerald piss all over the Foals material. Such a waste of talent going on here, and such a shame. And that youthmovies comment, hmmm, while ymss's second record Hurrah!..., was pretty incredible, and like something i'd never heard before (although, i hadn't had much exposure to that kind of music then), Foals are just boring. They play the most predictable guitar and bass progressions, but try and hide it in their 'intricate', but relatively easy (albeit, well played!) guitars. Bit snobby, like.

Also, 'Like an afrobeat don caballero'...! Whaaaatt!? They wish.

Still, i might go to this. I reckon it'll be pretty fun, even though it'll look like an episode of Skins (infact, someone has already made a similar heckle to Yannis, i believe!)