aberdeen-music

Aussie Bands you gotta check out.

Alkaline

When i was in oz i heard a couple of really cool bands, check 'em out if you can.

I Killed the Prom Queen: Hardcore a la Avenged Sevenfold

The Cat Empire: East coast Jazz-Hop

Sunk Loto: Deftonesesque metal

Something For Kate:Radiohead/R.E.M type stuff

Beautiful Girls: Sweet Blues 'n Roots

Bodyjar: Melodic Punk

Powderfinger suck!!! They're poor Pearl Jam imitations who nicked a Soundgarden riff and slightly changed the timing.

I think Grinspoon have got a new album coming out. Machine Gun Fellatio have an absolutely awesome stage show involving copious amounts of boobage- however they are a bit too retro for me.

28 Days have just released a new album over in oz, a couple of months ago methinks, but they are just a corporate shadow of their much greater former selves.

Just remembered more cool bands Daysend- trashcore and Parkway Drive- Shai Huludish hardcore . There are also tons of cool solo artists kicking about:

Missy Higgins- ultra sexy piano playin chick

Claire Bowditch- more piano, beautiful voice though

Standard of music over there is ace, there are thriving and well recieved hardcore and punk scenes in all the big cities. Also the major country wide radio station, Triple J, is an alternative station where they play a wide variety of stuff ranging from death metal to blues & roots.