aberdeen-music

Tony Wilson dead...

78saab

Why don't you read what I said before you go off on one? I haven't said a thing about tony wilson, factory records or your precious joy division yet.

Yes, spirit of idealism blah blah bringing odd bands into the public eye blah blah, all very good, but the fact that tony wilson is now dead means fuck all for the future of "indie". In fact if anyone's being glib it's you, coming out with utter nonsense like "indie is dead now". You're so anachronistic in your attitudes and the scope of your awareness of music that it's almost funny.

hey stripey, damn straight! you are entirely accurate, i had to do a wee search a couple of days afterwards to detect this post, thats what you get i think for piloting the interwhatsit drunk on two bottles of spar offer wine.i mean the other day i had to regrettfully make amends for awarding Brian Fudge a negative scene point and a comment of "wanker" after the old red. yee saw. in compensation i will expand on my pissed point.

here goes.

i dont even rate Joy division, i have all the bands stuff but it rarely gets a play around here- its just not that good. had i witnessed the band live this might have been a different story but i trucking doubt it. what i found so staggeringly Odd that it was worth considering. the thing i enjoyed apart from some of the music on factory was the principles involved- the anti London centric attitude the zero business sense- it meant that tony Wilson cared little for money over simply getting authentic new voices out there into the musical ether. i think thats probably a good thing. i like the idea of factory, whether the truth added or subtracted from the actual fact. i think tony Wilson actually achieved something.

re reading my initial post brings me a part realisation, allthough tony wilson was flawed and a bit of a mess, my pissed point of indie being dead still stands- times have changed, very little people nowadays stand by the initial conciets of indie music , ie releasing standalone records without major label support- his business plan is discredited financially as is Alan Mcgeee's but the spirit remains.

it just wont hold water nowadays, with myspace and e commerce.

so "indie" is dead because wilson is dead, its the end of an era if you see what i mean- it was just me being whimsical.

it's still sad, he did a lot of good things and was forthright with his opinions and actions.

simply a dude.

stripey i like bits of your music, but you need to lighten up with the internet point scoring- even if you are a disabled.

Why don't you read what I said before you go off on one? I haven't said a thing about tony wilson, factory records or your precious joy division yet.

Yes, spirit of idealism blah blah bringing odd bands into the public eye blah blah, all very good, but the fact that tony wilson is now dead means fuck all for the future of "indie". In fact if anyone's being glib it's you, coming out with utter nonsense like "indie is dead now". You're so anachronistic in your attitudes and the scope of your awareness of music that it's almost funny.

this is an alternate reply , phoned in wap style from Buckie- " do you have a ponytail slug boy?"

i dont even rate Joy division, i have all the bands stuff but it rarely gets a play around here- its just not that good.

Make your mind up min - earlier on you suggested someone would have to be deaf not to find something worthwhile on Joy Division's music. Surely you can't have had that bad a hang-over that it's suddenly become "just not that good" over the space of couple of days?

• 2 weeks later...
Make your mind up min - earlier on you suggested someone would have to be deaf not to find something worthwhile on Joy Division's music. Surely you can't have had that bad a hang-over that it's suddenly become "just not that good" over the space of couple of days?

have you ever heard joy division with a hangover? yikes! i have no party line to toe, I'll say what i like. this is not real life, it's Aberdeen music - a bit like a joke without a punchline.

i stand by my comments even though i cant remember actually writing them. i like the cut of my jib.

have you ever heard joy division with a hangover? yikes! i have no party line to toe, I'll say what i like. this is not real life, it's Aberdeen music - a bit like a joke without a punchline.

i stand by my comments even though i cant remember actually writing them. i like the cut of my jib.

Fair enough, just that I enjoyed your spirited defence of Wilson & JD. For you to then tear it down.....it was on a par with.....John Lydon appearing on I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here.