aberdeen-music

Electro Harmonix?

Alex DeLarge

I have a couple, but I'm not actually looking to sell them. I was going to ask some advice though. I have an old electro-harmonix chorus/vib/flange pedal that's about 20 years old. It runs off the main though... does anyone know if there'd be a way to convert it to run off DC? there must be an AC transformer inside the box, which may be the source of some of the hum it makes. I also have a big muff, but it sounds better on vocals than on any guitar i've played through it, to be honest. i do like EH effects though, they're very honest.

I've got a Big Muff and I love it. Used it on guitar and bass with great results on both. As for your mains powered pedal it must need more voltage/current than any battery can supply I don't know how you would convert it myself...always do a search on google lol.

Originally posted by Tav:

I've got a Big Muff and I love it. Used it on guitar and bass with great results on both. As for your mains powered pedal it must need more voltage/current than any battery can supply I don't know how you would convert it myself...always do a search on google lol.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's because it requires more power (it's still a DC circuit internally) or just because it's old. I have a delay pedal about the same age that also runs of the mains. I'll try and get some pictures of them both, they are really quite funky looking.

Originally posted by Tav:

Try and email EHX you never know they may be more helpful than other companies.

they guy that designed most of the pedals (a chap called howard davis) posts on harmony central, not sure if he still works for EHX though...

register on hc and send him a pm, he knows prety much everything about the older pedals (well he did design them...)

David

I was going to ask some advice though. I have an old electro-harmonix chorus/vib/flange pedal that's about 20 years old. It runs off the main though... does anyone know if there'd be a way to convert it to run off DC?

spellchecker, i'm not familiar with that unit, does it have a valve in its circuitry?

Originally posted by skuzzlebut:

I was going to ask some advice though. I have an old electro-harmonix chorus/vib/flange pedal that's about 20 years old. It runs off the main though... does anyone know if there'd be a way to convert it to run off DC?

spellchecker, i'm not familiar with that unit, does it have a valve in its circuitry?

I'm not sure, i've never opened it up. I'll take a look this weekend when i take some photos.