aberdeen-music

original Beta Band member LONE PIGEON plays drakes tonight...

Dizzy Storm

But first, who is this Lone Pigeon bloke? Know the Beta Band?Anyway, the band's co-founder and co-writer, Gordon Anderson, never really got to take part in the Beta Band's success because he had to return to Scotland for health reasons. So, a few years back, he started doing his own thing and dubbed himself Lone Pigeon. (The Beta Band's original name was the Pigeons.) In 2001, Lone Pigeon released the Touched by Tomoko EP and in 2002, Concubine Rice on Domino Records. Both albums garnered substantial critical acclaim.

His songwriting touches on an ancient, almost medievil style. Lone Pigeons melancholic approach creates a natural yearning content, which any lover of good songs should find irresistable. You will hear faint strains of 60's era songwriting in there; think Fred Niel, Dylan, George Harrison and Barret.

Anyway, he's coming to promote his new album 'Schoozzzmmi' and I personally think this will be a must see gig for anyone interested in good music.

PIP DYLAN will no longer be playing - apparantly he 'double booked' himself (?!) but Gordon will be playing a longer set....and in addition you get to marvel at our very own ZIGGY FANTASTIC who will be playing a set of harrowing originals (his words!)

DOORS 8PM

Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

what, the gig? or the non appearance of Pip Dylan?

the gig has been advertised for AGES on our forum! dont say you didnt notice?!

I was ever so gently taking the piss... You obviously weren't at Open Mic on Tuesday when Mr Zig announced this gig between every single song...

Sorry. But I should be there tonight though. Feel free to give me a slap.

Originally posted by DR DRAKE:

DYLAN will no longer be playing - apparantly he 'double booked' himself (?!) but Gordon will be playing a longer set....and in addition you get to marvel at our very own ZIGGY FANTASTIC who will be playing a set of harrowing originals (his words!)

I thought they were twins? Couldn't some kind of switching places Beano-esque japery take place?