aberdeen-music

Moorings now has it's own guitars for open mic night

Flash@TMB

Today I went out and bought some guitars for use during our open mic night on Sundays.

We now have:

Fender Strat

Ibanez Artcore semi-electric

Stag bass

The semi-electric Ibanez can be hooked up to one of our amps and used as an electric with a jazzy sound, or direct injected to produce an accoutsic sound.

OK these may not be the best guitars in the world, but they are decent enough for an open mic night, and there will be a good separation in sound between the Fender and the Ibanez when both are in use at the same time.

So now we have guitars, amps, drums, and everything mic'd up I reckon we are set for a cracking open mic night.

One thing I'd request is, that on open mic nights, people use the house equipment whereever possible. The open mic night is a relaxed affair and the last thing I want is to fart around with guitar pedals etc. Both the amps have foot switches to go between solo, lead, and rythmn, and it's not that hard to get a sound on our amps. I'd also prefer for people to use the hosue guitars, ESPECIALLY THE BASS to avoid getting dunts out of the speakers when someone unexpectedly unplugs them.

Obviously this doesn't apply to gigs, but if anyone wants to use our equipment for a gig (IN THE MOORINGS I BETTER ADD) then no problem.

Due to the purchase of all this equipment, building of the stage, etc, costing the equivalent on a 1 bedroom flat, we've decided to scrap the play for drink promotion as the bar is now totally fuckin skint.

The good news is that musicians can come down, have a few drinks, and play a few tunes through our lovely PA without having to worry about karting their valuable instruments around the streets in the middle of the night.

The only thing we don't intend to supply are picks, so please bring your own!

See you Sunday!

:band:

Flash