aberdeen-music

Stephen King's 'Lisey's Story'

SteveCrisis

In hardback 8.99 from Waterstone's.

I started reading it last night and find it gripping from the get-go.

Synopsis

Lisey Landon lost her husband Scott two years ago, after a twenty-five-year marriage of profound, sometimes frightening intimacy. Scott was a celebrated, award-winning, novelist. And a complex man. Lisey knew there was a dark place where her husband ventured to face his demons. Boo'ya Moon is what Scott called it; a realm that both terrified and healed him, that could eat him alive or give him the ideas he needed to write and live. Now it's Lisey's turn to face her husband's demons. And what begins as a widow's effort to sort through her husband's effects becomes a perilous journey into the heart of darkness.

Similar to Bag Of Bones in theme I find but much, much different. Yet again another strong female lead character, much like the protagonist in Rose Madder

I've read quite a bit of his stuff and am usually pretty impressed. I loved Firestarter, Cujo and Different Seasons (with Shawshanks and The Body). I also started to read "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" (or something like that) and thought it was a right load of pish.

There's a heap of his that I haven't looked at though.

Have you ever seen that Family Guy Episode which takes the piss of him? He's sitting in his agents office,

"so what have you got for us then Stephen? the deadline for your new book is in a couple of weeks"

"erm, ok, I've got this story about a (looks around the desk, picks up a lamp)....lamp that becomes possessed and starts attacking people"

"you're not even trying anymore are you Stephen?"

"no".

Haha,

Dean Koontz - poor man's Stephen King?