aberdeen-music

Les Paul P/up Wiring Help

Diesel

A little help here please....

2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Limited Edition)

This guitar came with EMG's fitted and the original Burstbuckers. I don't want the EMG's so...

...I carefully removed the EMG active p/ups and pots and (carefully) replaced the original Burstbuckers.

However...

...I don't have a wriring schematic to hand and the ones I looked up on t'internet bore no resemblence to my setup.

Can anyone help - I don't mind paying someone to do it, but finding someone up here to do the work is nae easy at all.

Here's what I have...

• 2 x braided pickup leads
  • 1 x 4 core 3-way switch lead with red, white, black and yellow(bare) wires
  • 1 x black wire that comes out of the body (not the aperture where the other 3 lead come from)

I can surmise the following...

The braid on the p/up leads are soldered to the body of the respective volume pots and the bare end is soldered to the terminal on the pot

The red and white 3-switch wires are soldered to terminals on the respective volume pots

I think the yellow and black leads are joined together then soldered to the output jack terminal...

...after that, I'm scoobied.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

DZL

any photos of the cavity?

Yep,

I've tried to show all the wires as well. You can just see the earth to bridge wire above the 3-way switch lead (red, white, yellow, green & black).

The volume pots are the topmost ones in the photos - with the blobs of solder on the face.

The thicker black lead in the centre is for the output jack and the red "C" shape just above that is red marker pen, not a wire!

The braided leads are for the pickups.

Cheers,

DZL

DSC00557.JPG

hey dude if you can hang on till monday i may have some on my works comp. but failing that email gibsons support. i emailed them before and they sent me a load of schematics.

they were pretty helpful. like i said i might still have those schematics on work comp

Thanks - appreciated.

The schematic on the Burstbucker page of the Gibson site make no sense at all!!!!

Sone 'real' diagrams would be the bogs dollox!

DZL

Guest DustyDeviada
That would be even better - where are your based?

Please pm me and maybe we could meet up - I see a few pints in your immediate future :up:

Pints you say?

Welcome to look at my standard as well if lame guitarist falls through. ;)