aberdeen-music

Five Horse Johnson/Gold Cash Gold/Deadloss Superstar

psydoll

This was the first time that I'd seen Deadloss (Motherfuckin') Superstar so I'm not really that familiar with their material but I was mighty impressed if I'm honest. Something a wee bit different (harmonica use is inspired) from a lot of bands I've seen from Aberdeen and the sight of 5 guys having a great time onstage. And I always thought that Brian was too nice to be a frontman :angel:

I thought Gold Cash Gold were pretty average really. I enjoyed the set but I wouldn't rush out to buy any CDs or anything. I'd been led to believe they were quite stoner rock and I did see it in parts but nothing like I'd expected really. Amusing accents as well and they seemed like sound guys (and gal). They need a bigger t-shirt and some boxers for the singer dude mind...

Five Horse Johnson were exactly as I had expected as I've got quite a few songs on compilations etc. Bluesy redneck sounding rock with harmonica parts that could've been stolen from Ziggy's own handbook (is that why Deadloss got the support?) Four guys living for beer and rocking out over the globe. Thoroughly enjoyed them and a scolding for anyone who missed out on this night :D

Edit - greatly enjoyed the DJing as well if I may say so Mr.Lucifer. Particularly Turbonegro and Amen :D