aberdeen-music

anyone do keyboard mods?

Guest Neubeatz
okay, i have a Yamaha keyboard, but it doesnt have a line out.

can anyone modify it so that it can be connected to an amp?

theres money involved for you ;)

Is there no useable "headphone out"???

Guest Neubeatz

hmm, in theory if you can open it up, you should be able to attach a minijack socket to the speaker wires, you could possibly get a socket from somewhere like Maplin(cheap), soldering iron techy job, I think ??? mounting the socket maybe tricky,

Come on tech minded peeps, help the bombardier!!!

I created an output on a casio sk1 by wiring in a jack in place of the speaker, which seems to work fine running through the effects loop of a guitar amp

I am not sure if this depends on the outputs and volume of the keyboard, the casio is only a battery powered job, so can't put out too much wattage into the speaker, somethign bigger might be worse

David

hmm, in theory if you can open it up, you should be able to attach a minijack socket to the speaker wires, you could possibly get a socket from somewhere like Maplin(cheap), soldering iron techy job, I think ??? mounting the socket maybe tricky,

Come on tech minded peeps, help the bombardier!!!

I created an output on a casio sk1 by wiring in a jack in place of the speaker, which seems to work fine running through the effects loop of a guitar amp

I am not sure if this depends on the outputs and volume of the keyboard, the casio is only a battery powered job, so can't put out too much wattage into the speaker, somethign bigger might be worse

David

the input impedance into a decent amp is usually 10k's to 100k at least... output impedance of your speaker driver in the keyboard will be a few ohms max... the keyboard audio amp should be able to drive an amp input stage with ease....might sound a bit crap with the keyboard vol wound up to max, so start low...

good luck...