aberdeen-music

Are There Any Bassists Out There?

SeaOfEnergy

alreet lads?i was told by bonesaw bazz you're after a bassist?well,i'm a bass player(out of practice lately),had a listen to your stuff and am impressed.whats your influences?mine are iron monkey,napalm death,carcass,anal cunt,and anything else mental.

giz a shout back if you want a bit crack with me(a yap,not the drug,not for me,ta!)

cheers,

ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it sounds good the music the drums everything but is that really the vocal style your going for, i cant even make out whats being growled at me from the recordings i just herd, now max cavilera now he can growl and u can stll make out what he says, or phil anselmo for that matter. let me know

Wayne (not johno, using my brothers computer)

vocals

the vocals are the most underworked part of the band although they are generally what we're going for. we are all well into bands like cannibal corpse , deeds of flesh, nile etc and you'd be hard pushed to figure out their words just from hearing it, thats why they have the lyrics in the album sleeve. i wouldnt compare pantera or sepultura to our musical style so i wouldnt really want to use their vocal style either, i would like some dying fetus style mid range vocals or some kataklysm style high range but im the guitarist and i work on the music side of things. the songs on our myspace all had the vocals added for the first time when we recorded it, we had no idea what dave(our singer) was going to do as we told him he could just do his own thing. come on we need a bassist!!! so if u like the band in n e way and ur a bassist let us know.

k calum we'll let u know next time we're jammin should be later in the week or early next week.sorry to hear u were in hospital, we didnt know tho and thought u had lost interest in tryin out for us as it was like a month ago we last spoke to you. if ur still up for it then its all good and we'll b in touch.