aberdeen-music

Fender Stratocaster 57 reissue Japanese, Good Deal?

Sundance

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on these guitars & whether or not this particular one would be a good investment for just under 400?

Many people say that Japanese strats can be of a better quality than American? I have no idea? A Mexican might be a better option, perhaps cheaper? Many say brand new instruments sound crap, should i search for a nicely aged strat? So many questions!!!

Im pretty unsure of what to do, all i know is that it looks lovely & ive been told that its a rather good deal, albeit by the guy offering it to me...

It has an alder body apparently & texas special pickups. It is a 2006 model.

Please, any advice, info etc would be greatly appreciated.

:gringo:

Guest DustyDeviada

Sounds like a good deal to me. I don't know if I would say that it's a good "investment" as you would probably have to keep it in good nick for the next 20 years before it will accumulate in value.

You could get a Mexican one for cheaper. They're fine guitars too, but the Japanese ones are generally considered to be better made.

The ones which have "Crafted in Japan" at the bottom of the neck are the best, going by your description the one you are after is, thus good deal for sure!!!

If you pass on said guitar, please pm me the details of where it is for sale. :p

• 1 year later...

jap strat

iv'e been playing my 1982 jap strat for over 10 years and would not part with it for anything.......it's amazing !...i've used usa strats old and new and they were no comparision ....the best ones are the older ones like mine which have "made in japan " at the base of the neck...it seems a bit expensive if the one you're looking at is 400...fair enough if it's new but if second hand 280/300 seems a fairer price...anyway good luck....cheers and beers, graham