aberdeen-music

What is emo?

Guest RomanChoke

Guest pop-notmyface
Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Importance? I could go into a hundred threads and find the most irrelevant posts ever made by yourself.

As for being funny... you may want to look up its definition in the dictionary because you appear to have mistaken it for the word "rubbish"

i dont see any point in arguing, so lets not go any further

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Importance? I could go into a hundred threads and find the most irrelevant posts ever made by yourself.

As for being funny... you may want to look up its definition in the dictionary because you appear to have mistaken it for the word "rubbish"

get off your fucking high horse. people can say what they want when they want and regardless of wether you like what they're saying or if you think it's funny they don't need to censor they're speech just to keep douchebags like you happy.

Why does it matter what Emo is or if it will be around next year? The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of kids out there for which Emo gives an 'identity' it gives them a sense of belonging to a group. However, if i was to list the number of bands who would classify (be it grudgingly) themselves as Emo in this post it would go on for miles. Given this i doubt it is a 'fad' that will quickly go away. Also Emo fans are some of the most dedicated fans of any genre. Emo is a much-maligned, mocked, and misunderstood term that has existed for nearly two decades, but has flourished only recently. Anyway, each to their own much like the birth of Punk was mocked so shalll emo-kids. But who cares they've at least got something to believe in! As for the fashion thing, yes, emo is about clothes but its also about a belief.

I'll stop now, i'm tired and rambling because of it!

Guest highroller

What a pile of fucking piss.. Firstly id like to say Mr Mike...fuck up you knob...you have no clue!

This whole thread is absolute twaddle...You know whats funnier is these people into other genres that slag off the "emo" fashion!! FUCK YOU!! It is ridiculous that metal heads for a start slag it off...you seem to have a uniform as well...here we go (this doesnt apply to all metallers) Your uniform....Black..all the way! ridiculous boots, badly fitting hoody! trenchcoat on top optional! long, badly maintained hair...

"rock and rollers" what ever they are...arent all the genres just blurring now!?

Anyway, their uniform is...well see johnny lucifer (whom i think pulls off that look brilliantly to be honest!)

What annoys me is that the modern emo,skate/punk etc fans all look like the most normal out of the lot!!!

You know what i wear a mesh hat...why? Cos i LIKE them...They look good and are fashionable and....yes, I follow fashion a bit! I like fashion!

Its all just getting a bit fucking boring! All this slaging off of emo etc etc blah blah...whats the point. You know most of the people you define as "emo" on here are probably the most open minded musically...you cant really disagree with that!! I know this is fact!

*shrug* at least, with emo, they are playing their own instruments, and if that's encouraging people to pick up instruments, then there's nothing wrong with that. Okay, so they might listen to 'emo' now, and you might think it's a bad thing, but who knows? they could discover thrash metal down the line and end up in some utterly mental extreme norwegian black metal band - the point is, if it's encouraging people to play music, then it's a good thing.

I'd rather be emo than manufactured, any day of the week.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Where's the kid with the chemicals? I'll light the fuse...Let's set this city ablaze...That's what you get for fucking with us, so crush me baby, I'm all ears...I wish they all go light's out on Division Street, but I guess it'll always be Me'n'You Vs. Them, but then, I'm your cocaine! I'm just so sick, so sick of being tired, and oh so tired of being sick, so take another drink and drive yourself home and go get your gun because god wont show...You're insincere; Please tear into your heart...

Wipe...

Wipe off your mouth.

Get up off your knees and make me your god

They'll know you're mine by the fingerprints on your throat

Originally posted by Mr.Mike:

get off your fucking high horse. people can say what they want when they want and regardless of wether you like what they're saying or if you think it's funny they don't need to censor they're speech just to keep douchebags like you happy.

Wait a minute... so you're saying that it's ok for people to say what they want, when they want - and then you're telling me that I'M a douchebag and to "get off my fucking high horse" because I said what I wanted, when I wanted to.

Nice one Mr Hypocrite.

And did I censor him? No. Did I tell him to never post again? No. I said the majorty of his posts lack humour and that nothing he ever posts is of relevance to the topic. For example the thread about music theory to which he simply replied "spankin"

There isn't a smiley for "fuck off you hypocritical cunt" so this will have to do:

:finger:

Guest highroller

u know the design....two tone, usually the collar is a lighter colour than the main body...also the sleeves and the cuffs may be as well...also with a random design of something like a chess club or film....

the strokes wear vintage t-shirts...and converses come to think of it...are they emo?

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding. don't want to open a whole can of worms there...

but out of curiosity, what's being achieved here? i mean everytime there's a thread involving the 'e' word, it just turns into a big rant of 'fuck you, emo sucks', 'fuck you, emo doesn't', 'fuck you its a fashion', 'fuck you, emo won't fade', until eventually people are just cussing all over the shop. i mean what would your mothers think? but seriously..at the end end of the day the fashion trend came from the music which has been around since the 80's, yes in comparison to other genres it's relatively new but that doesn't make it any less valid. in my opinion anyway. if someone listens to emo, let them, what harm could it possibly do you?

i have no real point here, other than every thread i see involving the word emo, 90% of them turn into slagging matches with no real point other than whose side can use more swear words.

..XxendxX..

Guest highroller

oh fuck you...shut the fuck up with that fucking pissing hippy attitude...and if you fucking think rise fucking against are bastarding emo you are pissing shitting fucking wrong got it? Fuck knuckles??

*joke ;)*

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Originally posted by jamesy weapon:

Where's the kid with the chemicals? I'll light the fuse...Let's set this city ablaze...That's what you get for fucking with us, so crush me baby, I'm all ears...I wish they all go light's out on Division Street, but I guess it'll always be Me'n'You Vs. Them, but then, I'm your cocaine! I'm just so sick, so sick of being tired, and oh so tired of being sick, so take another drink and drive yourself home and go get your gun because god wont show...You're insincere; Please tear into your heart...

Wipe...

Wipe off your mouth.

Get up off your knees and make me your god

They'll know you're mine by the fingerprints on your throat

crap lyrics

Guest Tam o' Shantie

what does that mean? I'm not having a go at the lyrics as such - more the appalling melodrama that emo bands use in their lyrics. It's dull as fuck

Guest WalkingOnGlass

I agree that the whole sulky bullshit sucks ass, but the tactful more twisted side of things most definitly floats my boat! For more enlightenment, swing on over to www.darklyrics.com and check out Everytime I Die, lyrically...Oh so good!

Oh, and Jesse Lacey is god..

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

oh fuck you...shut the fuck up with that fucking pissing hippy attitude...and if you fucking think rise fucking against are bastarding emo you are pissing shitting fucking wrong got it? Fuck knuckles??

*joke ;)*

swearing makes baby jesus cry. then god gets angry. then knee-caps go missing. emo cunt.

:swearing:

*joke*

:D

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Originally posted by jamesy weapon:

I agree that the whole sulky bullshit sucks ass, but the tactful more twisted side of things most definitly floats my boat! For more enlightenment, swing on over to www.darklyrics.com and check out Everytime I Die, lyrically...Oh so good!

Oh, and Jesse Lacey is god..

it's not the sulky bullshit really i just find that the lyrics i read are really tacky and corny. the alkaline trio did the best dark/sinister lyrics and they did them with a touch of class

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Nah, sorry, totally disagree, although I do appreciate ALK3's lyrics, I personally think that Everytime I Die are a million miles ahead, sometimes I get the sense that Matt Skiba tries to hard to make his lyrics come across dark/sinister..

Here's some dark lyrics for you:

"Son No More" by Korpse Fukka

"stagger home at night alone

you're eyes are glazed and closing,

Believing that you're all alone

and no one else is watching.

The footsteps that you cannot hear,

are not too far behind,

I wait in shadows - knife in hand

You're not too hard to find.

Your movements slow, and consciousness fade

The rohypnol works at last,