• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sultan,

Sorry for the delay!

--

The Void - Gingerbread Man

Foot stomping intro, love the bassline although it gets a bit lost behind the crunchy guitar at times. Hey! Your vocalist's pronunciation reminds me of Alex Harvey in places - and that's no bad thing! Tight harmonies in the chorus and middle section just made me smile. The lyrics are rather inspired, especially during the break - "you forgot to add eggs - look at my legs!" being the pick of the bunch for me. The changes from blues to rock n roll to a smidgeon of reggae flow smoothly and I'm only sorry that you didn't manage a breakdown into Beastie Boys esque rap (you know you could have done it, you KNOW! :D)... Original, catchy and possibly the best song on this thread so far. I'm SERIOUSLY impressed.

Guest Stripey
http://www.angelfire.com/psy/thevoid/

Feel free to comment on our tracks' date=' space rock tracks being The Void, and Plane Crash, while another more rocky one in Gingerbread Man.

any feedback apreciated[/quote']

I'm listening to your tracks now.

The Void - quite a cool intro, I like the drumming, and the middle eastern vibe. Pleasantly surprised by this track actually, it seems to be very much about sound rather than just thrashing guitars and shouting down the mic, which is a big plus in my book ;)

Gingerbread Man - Quite a retro feel to this one (same with the void I suppose) I like the fact the singer isnt putting on an american accent. Not too keen when it starts to get a bit metally around 2:50. Theres quite a stompy feel to this which probably makes it quite danceable. Only gripe, sometimes the vocals sound a bit childish in their execution, but this only happens at 1 or 2 points in the tune.

Plane Crash - This kinda reminds me of crowded house. Quite melancholy, and a bit of a change from the first 2 tracks.

Overall, this is pretty good musically (for an aberdeen band haha)something a little bit different, and the recording is pretty decent. The overall levels of the track do seem a little low though, where was this recorded and mixed?

Wow, thanks for reviewing not jsut one, but all three of our MP3s Stripey. Nice reviews, too.

Gingerbread Man was recorded @ Exile Studios.

Plane Crash and The Void were recorded @ Captain Tom's.

As for your track, I'll try and get thesultanofswing to review it, as he has broadband and I do not. But if he can't, I'll take the time to d/l it myself.