aberdeen-music

Guitar needed for small handed girl!

Sundance

You can buy 3/4 and 1/2 sized guitars, both acoustic and electric. I bought my niece a small sized stratocaster a few years ago, they're fun little guitars, but they need to be tuned higher than standard sized guitars due to the shorter scale/size.

http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.031-0100-506

My niece may wish to sell her one now as she's way taller than me already! I'll get back to you on that. :)

Unfortunately ive left this all to the last minute, as usual! & i actually need to get hold of a guitar for before 4pm tomorrow! Its a birthday present....

I doubt your neice will come to a decision by then, but if she does, thatd be great.

:)

Wow' date=' that is rather 'last minute', check out Bruce Millers/R&B because they may have one in stock, they aren't all that expensive.[/quote']

Ive only ever bought one guitar from a "high street" music shop & that was my first. I thought the likes of bruce millers would have something, but was a little concerned with how much itd cost me. Anyone have any ideas how much a 3/4 or similiar instrument would cost from there?

Theres this little guitar in argos, but its 70 & i dont think its worth it.

Hmmm....:down:

The annoying thing is i have 2 many guitars! They are all just 2 big for her hands!

Ive only ever bought one guitar from a "high street" music shop & that was my first. I thought the likes of bruce millers would have something' date=' but was a little concerned with how much itd cost me. Anyone have any ideas how much a 3/4 or similiar instrument would cost from there?

Theres this little guitar in argos, but its £70 & i dont think its worth it.

Hmmm....:down:

The annoying thing is i have 2 many guitars! They are all just 2 big for her hands![/quote']

If the guitar in argos is a electric squier, that's probably similar to the kind of one they'd have in shops. My niece's one isn't all that great, but it got her playing.

Its an "acoustic solutions" guitar, never heard of this brand previously.....Probably a lot worse than the squire....

She tried playing my guitars & was put off because it was so hard for her to play....She just needs something to get to grips with, that is in proportion with her...This way she can get into guitar & hopefully move on2 one of mine...

I dont know what ill do now...She would need a smaller instrument, but most of whats available, on a budget, is of a low quality & could have the opposite of the intended effect.

I started on a crappy nylon acoustic...The thing was un playable & i thought id never learn....I can barely play the thing now!

Guest DustyDeviada

I would avoid 3/4 guitars, as previously mentioned, the shorter scale means that you either have to tune it up, meaning you can't play along with others or records, or put really heavy strings on them.

Don't heavy metal guitars (Jacksons/Washburns/Ibanezs) have thin necks? I don't know, all my guitars seem to have big necks, especially my 54 Les Paul, it's like a fucking baseball bat.