aberdeen-music

Tool sun 11th June

lepeep

So, who went to see tool last night at the carling Academy ?

I have to say, I went along with apprehension, as the last time they played glasgow (the barras), they were pretty dissapointing...but last night changed that for me....

what a fantastic gig, I was a bit worried to start with, as they started with (rossetta stoned, if I remember!)...muddy sound, all over the shop, a basic stramash of a noise, then (once again, "i think") they played stinkfist, and boy oh boy was that good...from then on in, they played a heap of great tunes, and the sound just got better...

hard to pinpoint all the best bits, but of course, watching danny carey drum has to be the highlight of any tool gig. spectacular.

good to see that they do make mistakes too (not mr carey though)...justin fucking up the start of parabola was pretty funny...

no "the Pot" as an encore, but hey, who cares, 1 hour and 45 mins of amazing music...fantastic, I left happy. tired and slightly deaf today...

loved it.

peep

what a fantastic gig' date=' I was a bit worried to start with, as they started with (rossetta stoned, if I remember!)...muddy sound, all over the shop, a basic stramash of a noise, then (once again, "i think") they played stinkfist, and boy oh boy was that good...from then on in, they played a heap of great tunes, and the sound just got better...[/quote']

what other songs did they play? i'm hopefully seeing them on one of the london dates.

as an aside, how much did you pay for tickets?

ooh...

rosetta stoned

stinkfist

forty six and 2

wings for marie

vicarious

the grudge

parabola

sober

finished with Aenima

....err.... (I should write them down, eh!)

and some quotes from Disgustipated!.... he he

tickets, sorry to say, but I was on the guest list.

It was all a blur for me' date=' I forget setlists...

I really should take more mental notes...

needless to say, a great performance...

good luck with getting a ticket![/quote']

fuck it man, why would you bother with mental notes when you could lose yourself in tool?

thanks for the good luck, i'll bloody need it if i want to get a good price. ;)

ooh...

rosetta stoned

stinkfist

forty six and 2

wings for marie

vicarious

the grudge

parabola

sober

finished with Aenima

....err.... (I should write them down' date=' eh!)

and some quotes from Disgustipated!.... he he

tickets, sorry to say, but I was on the guest list.[/quote']

They didn't play Parabola, are you thinking of Lateralus? It was an amazing gig though, I love Maynard's sunglasses and bare chest look, very rock star-ish. The sound was great, I was worried after a below-par Deftones gig at the Academy on Thursday, but it all came good. Also was wanting The Pot, but was glad they stopped when they did, seemed just the right moment, and probably saved me from tinnitus too...

This gig was amazing!!

This is the 3rd time I've seen Tool and it was by far the best one. Although when they supported Rage Against The Machine back in '93 it was amazing hearing Maynard sing on Know Your Enemy.

Anyway I was completely blown away.

I don't think they did play Wings for Marie. They played Right In Two as we saw the set list before the gig. Unfortunately my memory is rubbish so I can't remember all the tracks.

The tickets for Glasgow were 25.00 (we were downstairs).

This gig was amazing!!

This is the 3rd time I've seen Tool and it was by far the best one. Although when they supported Rage Against The Machine back in '93 it was amazing hearing Maynard sing on Know Your Enemy.

Anyway I was completely blown away.

I don't think they did play Wings for Marie. They played Right In Two as we saw the set list before the gig. Unfortunately my memory is rubbish so I can't remember all the tracks.

The tickets for Glasgow were 25.00 (we were downstairs).

he he...I've seen them 4 times.

reading '92

glasgow garage '93 (?)

barrowlands (2000 ?) (lateralus tour)

carling academy (2006)

I have to say the 2000 gig was bland and pretentious...

the Garage gig, they played No Quarter (with Paul d'Amour on Bass), and that was a spectacular event..."for those of you under 25, we wrote that"... he he