aberdeen-music

Have a wee listen to Bardik Ragnarok

Bardik_Vox

Hello there,

Bardik Ragnarok are based in Livi and play Prog/Melodic Death Metal, with influences drawn from various other Metal genres aswell.

Formed by 6 friends with a mutual interest in bringing some more extreme metal to the Scottish music scene.

Influences include; Iron Maiden, Machinae Supremacy, Evergrey, Mercenary, Dream Theater, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Sonata Arctica, DragonForce, Shadow Gallery, Masterplan, Blood Stain Child, Symphony X, In Flames and Eternal Tears of Sorrow to name but a few.

Our demo track can be heard on our myspace - www.myspace.com/bardikragnarok

Feedback is greatly appreciated, be it on our myspace or here on the forums.

KEEP IT HEAVY,

BR.

First impressions :

I like it. The recording is a bit crap, but musically, it's fine. Not keen on the grunty vocals - they would be better ditched, in my opinion. The clear singing vocals aren't too powerful either - so maybe a new singer would be better?

However, it does convey the proper power-metal-running-to-the-summit-to-slay-the-dragon-and-save-the-princess feeling, which is a good thing :)

Overall, I'd be interested in hearing more.

Guest Gregor Ascension

i like this.. good job. i think the recording quality is pretty good, musicaly its sound. some great riffage and composition. get some more tracks up.

First impressions :

I like it. The recording is a bit crap' date=' but musically, it's fine. Not keen on the grunty vocals - they would be better ditched, in my opinion. The clear singing vocals aren't too powerful either - so maybe a new singer would be better?

However, it does convey the proper power-metal-running-to-the-summit-to-slay-the-dragon-and-save-the-princess feeling, which is a good thing :)

Overall, I'd be interested in hearing more.[/quote']

I realise that my clean vocals need some work, and steps are being taken to do so, is it DM style growling you don't like in general, or just mine?

As a side note, this track was slapped together very quickly in a slightly dodgy studio for free, the EP we will be working on towards the end of the year, will be much higher quality.