aberdeen-music

Al- Zarqawi dead.

Hog

They've been showing a picture of Al-Zarqawi's body on the news to prove that he is indeed dead.

Lovely.

So it is OK to show the dead bodies of Zarqawi and the Hussein brothers, but if Al Jazeera show a dead soldier then they are dragged over hot coals?

In any case, Zarqawi was hated by the head folk at Al Qaeda because his targets were indiscriminate. I think that there is a real danger that his death could see the insurgency take on a more targeted approach against servicemen and law enforcement, and that would be very damaging.

Of course it may be a turning point in the right direction, but they said that when Hussein's sons were killed, when Saddam was captured, when the Iraqi elections were held, when the government was formed, and now as well. So excuse me while I don't hold my breath.

Iraq will never settle whilst foregin forces are still there, especially the yanks. I know a couple of people who have been on tour in Iraq and they say the americans are unbelievable - to them, everything is a terrorist suspect. If i was an Iraqy i'd be pretty pissed off with yanks killing my neighbours in 'friendly fire' instances...