aberdeen-music

A quick technical question

Lemonade

For all you computery types.

Reet, I was listening to some choons on garagebands.com and I clicked on downlaod MP3 which opened a new window which had nothing in it but a little quicktime control bar and played the tune. I was under the impression that if I played it till the end it would be stored somewhere on my computer and I could just find it and move it to a sensible folder on my computer. However I've searched all over the computer and I can't find it anywhere. I did something similar a couple of weeks ago when I watched a video in the same way that I wanted to keep and I couldn't find it, after nearly an hour of trying,. Then my mate turned up and found it in under a minute. I could have punched the little fucker.

My question is, in which folder might I find this file? I use Windows XP Professional.

Guest DustyDeviada
For all you computery types.

Reet' date=' I was listening to some choons on garagebands.com and I clicked on downlaod MP3 which opened a new window which had nothing in it but a little quicktime control bar and played the tune. I was under the impression that if I played it till the end it would be stored somewhere on my computer and I could just find it and move it to a sensible folder on my computer. However I've searched all over the computer and I can't find it anywhere. I did something similar a couple of weeks ago when I watched a video in the same way that I wanted to keep and I couldn't find it, after nearly an hour of trying,. Then my mate turned up and found it in under a minute. I could have punched the little fucker.

My question is, in which folder might I find this file? I use Windows XP Professional.[/quote']

Doesn't work with all types of files, the videos on You Tube don't save for example.

If it is a file that saves then it will be in Temporary Internet Files.

Guest NULL
Doesn't work with all types of files' date=' the videos on You Tube don't save for example.

If it is a file that saves then it will be in Temporary Internet Files.[/quote']

yeh temporary internet files or the alternative "cache" if you are using firefox