aberdeen-music

My bass amp...

Adam Easy Wishes

You'll find me funnier than Del during set-up.

I carry some stuff on... stand about... check my lippy... stand about some more and tap at my mic until its switched on... I also prod some keys in the hope someone has also sorted that.

:D genius eh?

Guest Dresden Style
Originally posted by GraemeC

Collection....?

3 and a half in various states of operability

plus some broken vox speaker cabs

i bought one and the rest were more or less given to me by people who were sick of them setting on fire etc

my shed is junk heaven

Originally posted by Dresden Style

3 and a half in various states of operability

plus some broken vox speaker cabs

i bought one and the rest were more or less given to me by people who were sick of them setting on fire etc

my shed is junk heaven

I too have mountains of shite...I always fancied an ac30

1) it is still a secret....no one knows when it is, and they never will....apart from when we turn up and make a racket

2) its actually a quicker way to a really good sound and theres only two bands on that nite...it also means i wont have that screaming loud AC30 interfering with your fantastic mixing....which was me original point really....the wee neu amp is a lot easier to control. Fucking great effects loop (that actually works!)....wait till you hear a guitar through a Moog Ring Modulator....wuhahah *demonic laugh as venue empties*

3) will i need to supply xlr leads to run from me amp to the stage box....if so, what end connections.....the amp takes two male xlr plugs....what do stage boxes take? ...male xlr too? Do i need to carry these with me for gigs generally?

4)if its a fuck on......i dont mind miking it cos it still sounds good that way.

these aberdeen soundmen are really helpful after all!

Since there are only two bands, I might throw caution to the wind and mic the little bugger as well. I presume you mean that the amp requires female XLRs. You should have male sockets on the back. I'll supply the cables, I don't trust other peoples.

Originally posted by Lester Burnham

You'll find me funnier than Del during set-up.

I carry some stuff on... stand about... check my lippy... stand about some more and tap at my mic until its switched on... I also prod some keys in the hope someone has also sorted that.

:D genius eh?

It's quite simple Sharon, you WILL do what I tell you. I'll let you know when I'm ready for you to prod and tap.

same maker true....but sounds bugger all like my old POD which was ok for rekording, but dead weedy and fizzy live

stands up well against my battered collection of AC30s

I find it strange that it doesn't work live if it's fine in the studio. Maybe cos at soundcheck the PA normally sounds toppier than during the gig. Then they let in all these big bags of water with hard bits at the top (punters I think their called) which absorb and diffract stuff. Buggers.