aberdeen-music

Licencing information

RossP

Hey, Need a bit of help for a Uni Project, thought you guys might be able to help.

I'm needing to know what licence a mobile bar service (i.e. A company which provides drink and a mobile bar structure to garden party's, corporate events, etc etc) requires. Will they need a temporary licence for each venue that they visit, or is it simply a licence that covers the mobile bar itself.

Any help would be totally appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:

RossP

Guest Laura@TMB

I agree with your summary Rob. Each "location" would be looked upon as an individual premises and may be subject to different conditions imposed by the licensing board.

For more info RossP, the following link may be helpful (& could save a lengthy phone call to the Council!)

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/acc_data/publication/Licensing_Liquor%20Regulations.pdf

Good luck with the project!

L

excellent, cheers for the help.

We aren't actually going to launch this properly, we just have to draw up a business plan that indicates what we'd do if we did. If you want, once we've submitted it, i can give you a copy so you can have some random information and marketresearch/survey results, might give you some help dhould you decide to go through with the idea.

- Ross x

3 mail areas:-

Licensing: you need a different licence for each temporary location. information on this from Legal and Democratic Services at the Council. you need to be a fit and proper person etc etc.

Environmental Health: They enforce the food Safety and Health & Safety legislation. They will inspect the mobile set up and can give advice beforehand..as well as take enforcement action while your working...

Trading Standards: Enforce the weights and measures laws and consumer protection laws...prices etc

Environment Services: You need to make arrangements for removing rubbish and waste in advance of setting up.

You can get a good idea of all the folk involved if you go to the International Market in Aberdeen next weekend!!