aberdeen-music

Aberfeldy

Aberfeldy: plus support

Wednesday 17 May

The Lemon Tree

Tickets 10 (6.75 concessions & regulars)

Doors Open: 9pm

Show Starts: 9.30pm

Aberfeldy have just completed the follow-up to their lavishly praised debut, Young Forever, which is bound to cement the band's status as one of the best Scotland has produced in many, many years on its release.

"Aberfeldy's playing as a group is note-perfect, and the songs fantastic. There have been Belle and Sebastian comparisons aplenty, what with Riley Biggs's gentle voice and the patented Glasgow lo-fi acoustic guitar/xylophone combo. But, with the close harmonies of the two girls' vocals, it's more like Abba or the Mamas and the Papas." The Scotsman

"Aberfeldy sound like a band in love with everything. 'Something I Must Tell You' sounds like the B-52's high on cherryade, while 'Helipolis At Night' could be geeky pop magicians Buggles boffing helium at the funfair." NME

www.aberfeldys.com

Starts at 7:45. Should finish around 9:30' date=' although there's probably a fair chance of extra time and [hushed tones'] even penalties.

Just in case, is there any likelihood of the gig being sold out?

I dunno - 3-2 Barca after 90 mins is my prediction - what are the bookies giving on that? Is Larsson playing? Questions, questions...well, you do have a PhD afterall

Tickets will be available on the door nae worries.

Looks like Larsson did a good job. Managed to catch the final and the Feldy' date=' who were in top form. Some good banter from Riley and the new material sounded excellent.[/quote']

Aye, great way for Larsson to sign off at Barca. Yeah enjoyed the gig too, and the banter was spot on - I'll even forgive him for suggesting the venue was over-sold for Babyshambles - I had an argument with the Babyshambles TM to ensure it wasn't over-sold. But in the context of everything else Riley was saying there was no point in taking it too seriously.