aberdeen-music

What Mac Sequencer to buy??

Runcie

Hello everyone. After like 9 hours of trying to download Cubase SL off the net I was really pissed off to find it didn't work. I've got a mac and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good cheap sequencer (or tell me a way to get a bitchingly ace working one off the internet). Cheers.

Hello everyone. After like 9 hours of trying to download Cubase SL off the net I was really pissed off to find it didn't work. I've got a mac and was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good cheap sequencer (or tell me a way to get a bitchingly ace working one off the internet). Cheers.

Cue a string of PC lovers, 'open window, open window, open window, open window, open window' slagging you off for having a Mac. Just jealous is all. I'm fucking about with 'Ableton Live 5' which is all singing and dancing but nae that cheap. Can't help in the cracks area though, not that I would condone such behaviour of course. You can download a free trial version but it's pretty, affa, limited.

Might be worth looking into for the long haul though.

Depends on what your looking for in the way of features and budget and plug in requirements.

I'd suggest either Logic Express or Ableton Live 5

Both run on on the newer Intel Macs.

Demo downloads are available for both - the only limitation on the Ableton demo is being able to save your work, everything else is fully functional.

http://www.ableton.com/index/downloads

http://www.apple.com/logicexpress/trial/

Haven't used the current version of SL on the Mac so can't comment on the performance.

If you are interested I can supply and of these, so drop me a note if you want pricing..