aberdeen-music

Stroszek + The 55's @ Drummonds, Friday 21st April

Guest Les Stroszek

Well I'm hardly vertically challenged, thin on hair maybe but not too short! We should be on at about 11.45 earliest, last or 2nd last. Hope you'll stay to watch us this time ha ha! Its all about the music not the hair!

I regret to announce that Stroszek will no longer be able to play at Drummonds tomorrow night. I am not very well and my throat is fucked. We had to come off early at the Glasgow gig last night because its just knackered.

Apologies to those of you who were coming down to see us. It is a shame as we have some great new songs and I was looking forward to playing with the 55's who I recommend you go and see.

Instead of getting a full replacement for Stroszek, Les and Doug are going to nip on first before the other bands tomorrow under the name 'Volvo Death Spell' and do some improvised instrumental numbers which will be interesting. I wont be there, but as long as Les doesn't try and sing you will all be safe.

Apologies

Richey J

www.stroszek.co.uk

Guest Les Stroszek

Its going to be dangerous. Very dangerous.We're going to do 30 mins of noise nonesense. It might be interesting it might not. I guess it depends if you find it interesting cos not everyone will! By the way with no Richey there we don't have anyone to hit the keyboard so if anyone fancies bashing ten tons of crap out of our keyboard in the name of white noise then join us please. You don't want to be able to play anything just hit notes. Yes its going to be that kind of set.

Its a shame there no Stroszek but it can't be helped as we had to come off a couple of songs early in Glasgow and now Richey literally can't speak! Oh dear oh dear! We wanted to play anyway and done a similar thing in Inverness which went down surprisingly well. You'll just have to watch it to find out more. To be honest I don't really know whats going to happen!

It'll be a good night anyway as the 55s are on after us and Stanlay haave been added to the line-up too so come along for them. For one night only we will be Volvo Death Spell!

Guest Les Stroszek

Do you know who it is Micheal? Sssssshhhhhhhhh!!! People will just have to find out who will be joining Volvo Les and Death Spell Doug on stage tonight.

Guest Les Stroszek
Volvo Death Spell sounds incredible. I can not miss this. What time will you start making noise?

We're on first now about 10 or so? All attack no decay I believe is the phrase! You won't know whats hit you.

Guest Les Stroszek

Yes 30 minutes of attack. Thats what we want to do. How dare I compare this to the mighty Jesuits though? If you want to watch us you'll have to come along tonight as they'll never let us do it again. Ever.

Guest Les Stroszek

Wow how to upset so many people so easily... That was great fun! Sorry we couldn't do a proper gig though. Stroszek will be back soon. Volvo has had its Death Spell.

Guest Les Stroszek

Best bit was when that ramdom girl got on stage and said 'are you going to play anything nice' then pointed at you and went 'your singers shit'! :laughing: Brilliant!

I've always wanted to play such a mad gig where any idea of music is thrown out the window! Great fun getting heckled off as the 'worst band we've ever seen'! Our real band, which is totally unconnected to Volvo Death Spell or Cloud will be back first recording then playing proper gigs soon, somewhere!

Its always good to do something so ridiculous as this and not take yourself seriously all the time but so hopefully no-one will hold it against us! Back to business now though.