aberdeen-music

Reason...

Jeid

Help me out here guys. I'm really wanting to get into home recording, not seriously, just to mess around with really. Make little demos to show my band, that sort of idea. I've been looking into using reason for drums(how do I do that?)

What do I need to get me started?

And what do you need to know from me?

(Keilan... I'm really looking for your help here ;))

Help me out here guys. I'm really wanting to get into home recording' date=' not seriously, just to mess around with really. Make little demos to show my band, that sort of idea. I've been looking into using reason for drums(how do I do that?)

What do I need to get me started?

And what do you need to know from me?

(Keilan... I'm really looking for your help here ;))[/quote']

forget reason, it has 1 major disadvantage : NO VST SUPPORT.

If you want an easy introduction, use FLStudio.

Considering I'm a n00b' date=' you may as well have just typed in Japanese[/quote']

Sorry :) Reason doesn't support third party effects and plugins (VST/VSTi), so you can't use all the pro quality effects and synthesizers that you can use in other sequencers with VST support. These are really important if you want to get good results, and you can get your hands on some really excellent stuff.

So if you want to learn how to use a sequencer, it's better to start in the first place with something that is going to be able to handle all that you need from it.

FLStudio aka fruityloops http://www.fruityloops.com is probably the best place to start, as it's relatively easy to get into and very powerful once you know the ins and outs of some of its more obscure features.

Cubase SX is worth considering if you plan on recording a lot of audio. Logic Audio is probably only worth trying if you are a bit of a masochist and own a Mac ;)