aberdeen-music

a new song wot i has recorded this weekend

spellchecker

thats boss stuff' date=' are your production skills available for hire?[/quote']

cheers! i'm just a hobbyist but i can tell you what i got / what i did!

r.borlax: cheers, i know exactly what you mean with the acousticy stuff. i think i took some bottom end of them to stop them booming - perhaps too much. there's also reverb on them which probably has the effect you mention.

sam: i dinna understand

yeah i'm working on some lyrics but am struggling to work out vocal melodies, i'm always rubbish at that.

the drums are made with a program called hydrogen (http://hydrogen.sf.net), it's linux and mac osx only at the moment, maybe they'll bring it out on windows soon.

the acoustic guitar was through a couple of mics, twice

the electric guitar (les paul) was recorded through a line6 pod job for that delayee tremoloee sound

bass was recorded pretty much straight in, compressed a bit

the guitar solo / melody sounding thing is actually nord synth played on a keyboard thrust through the line6 like it didn't want to be.

ta for listening to it

Hey thanks for the link! They made a windows version i noticed, so i'm gonna try it out now. It was only released like last month.

Would it have sounded bad to put the les paul through the boss (i'm assuming it's a multi effects pedal) and just turned it to acoustic? It sounds good anyway the way you did it!