aberdeen-music

Thoughts on Americans.....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Americans are americans eh just like us all they are people too

i have a few contacts from america and have met americans and ive yet to come across a bad one yet...im in noway saying americans are ALL fab people im sure like dave pointed out they have arseholes just like scotland england and especially france does :) ...

i wouldnt judge all scottish people by the ned/arseholes/emo people you meet drunk up the town ..Most people i know personaly and are scottish/aberdonian dont go uptown in our own town because of the ammount of idiots' date='again im not saying the town is full of idiots just seems that way sometimes...

One thing tho if i can ask. If bush cheated to get elected the 1st time and americans knew this why did they re-vote him in for a second term....

Welcome to Scotland Yankee my papa speaks highly of american's oh the damn storys he used to tell about him and the yankee dude that saved his life back in 19-OatCake[/quote']

The words of a true bigot.....whats wrong with the French and ........ "emo people"???!!!!o_O

You've never been in Alaska then' date=' or Chicago or Ny mid winter?

[/quote']

No. I meant the Country as a whole. Jersey is warm too but that doesn't make Britain hotter does it?

so how many have you met approx.

20-30. What difference does that make?

all media gleaned shite....

No it's not. It is my opinion. But if you can't think of a better way to be dismissive' date=' fair enough!?

And the uk is guilty of all of the above.

No it doesn't. Don't talk such utter pish.

let's see' date=' no, Echelon, you're completely right. the uk is so completely and utterly guiltless of all things narrow-minded and horrible.... like the right to detain people based solely on suspicion???[/quote']

I said that, did I? I was being asked for my opinion of Americans, not Britons.

Yes, Britain detains people without trial. It also conquered, raped and piliged its way across the globe, just as the USA is doing now. It is no where near guiltless. It's deportation of its own people from the island of Diego Garcia to make way for a United States Air Force base is another example of Britains will to cooperate with any US demands. Britains cooperation with the pre-facist regime of the USA is indeed very dangerous and always has been. Never more so.

come on, it's a discussion...

by saying it is 'utter pish' that the UK is guilty of all the things you listed under your 'serious reasons' for disliking the US it was implied that the UK was blameless for everything. yes, you were being asked for your opinion on americans, but you haven't exactly limited yourself to that when you responded to GraemeC.

Also... if you've only met 20-30 Americans, isn't it a bit harsh to say you despise the majority of a country? What else do you have to go on?

come on' date=' it's a discussion...

by saying it is 'utter pish' that the UK is guilty of all the things you listed under your 'serious reasons' for disliking the US it was implied that the UK was blameless for everything. yes, you were being asked for your opinion on americans, but you haven't exactly limited yourself to that when you responded to GraemeC. [/quote']

No, it was implied that the UK is not guilty of the aforementioned offences, not that it was blameless. It went to war with Iraq!

Also... if you've only met 20-30 Americans' date=' isn't it a bit harsh to say you despise the majority of a country? What else do you have to go on?[/quote']

Nothing, that's enough for me. How much do I need? I might like you if you agree with me!

meh. i'm just being annoying because i'm pretty bored and can't go out cause i'm broke.. i am american, but i am also italian and australian. i'm not exactly a huge fan of many things US-related, which explains why i live, work, and study here...

still, not all americans are loud and arrogant (i'm not saying i'm not..... i don't know if i am)... but i think we deserve a bit more credit. even though bush is still there...

meh. i'm just being annoying because i'm pretty bored and can't go out cause i'm broke.. i am american' date=' but i am also italian and australian. i'm not exactly a huge fan of many things US-related, which explains why i live, work, and study here...

still, not all americans are loud and arrogant (i'm not saying i'm not..... i don't know if i am)... but i think we deserve a bit more credit. even though bush is still there...[/quote']

Of course you do. Most of my annoyances with the USA are because of it's corporatism and foreign policy. You are probably very nice.

Nevertheless, Bush is not the reason for the worlds hatred of America. It's America itself.

at the very least' date=' though, bush is some sort of catalyst......[/quote']

When I see US planes and tanks being used to attack Palestinians, I can understand why people hate America.

America is hated, because it does not listen to the voice of the world, including its own people. I'm sure American people didn't want...

The invasion of Iraq

The invasion of Iran

The invasion of North Korea

The bombing of civilians in Afghanistan

The permanent detainees in Guantanamo Bay

The withdrawal from the Geneva Convention

Military tribunals suspending due process and habeas corpus

Assassination squads

The resurrection of COINTELPRO

The repeal of the Bill of Rights

The Revocation of the Constitution

National Identity cards

Big Brother

An Eye for an Eye

The blood of the innocent, who perished on 11 September, be avenged with the blood of innocent villagers in Afghanistan

The administration to wage war any time, anywhere, anyhow it pleases

War without end

A permanent war economy and climate of fear.

It is without doubt, the most dangerous country in the world.

i like different things about different ones... the only one i've ever lived in is the US, but the last time i lived there i was 11. i have family all over the shop so i mainly just visit people a lot.. in fact, most of my life has been spent in south america, europe and malasia... if i had to pick one to live in for the rest of my life, it would be between italy and the US. italy has better bread.. and ice-cream..

not all american people wanted that' date=' no. but i'm sure some did. i'm sure some are loving it....

as for most dangerous country??? i'm sorry but which country spawned gary glitter? i mean i know we have MJ, but apparently he's innocent.[/quote']

Dude... don't dig yourself a hole. Gary Glitter deserves to have his balls chopped off yes, but you can't say that makes the UK more "dangerous".

He at least didn't dress up as a clown and then hide the bodies of his victims under his floorboards a la Gacy.

I've always had a fear of clowns...

Craig and Brian's Fudge Awards costumes did not help.

nightmares.JPG