aberdeen-music

Survive Style 5+ (Japanese movie starring Vinnie Jones)

rufus13th

Aye what a class film and I was really surprised to see Vinnie Jones. Guess he's pretty famous over there. By the way, unlike most people, I find Jones to be a fantastic entertainer. He did a great job in this movie.

The film's really abstract, but at the same time really funny. Great use of colours and music. The DVD can be imported from Japan for around 30-40.

Here's a picture of Vinnie getting ready for a fight in the sauna:

5plus2.jpg

Also here's another image from the film:

5plus1.jpg

Good news for you Paulscoconutass.

Found out that Manga Entertainment will be handling the UK release in May 15th (although that date is subject to change).

The Japanese DVD is a lovely two disc special edition. I hope the supplements make it on the UK DVD.

Artwork can be seen here:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/survive-style-5.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Picked up the one disc from Amazon the other week for 4 and it's worth absolutely every penny.

Storywise it's probably the weirdest film I've seen since Happiness of the Katakuris, more WTF moments than anything I can remember (Vinnie Jones starts shouting at a piece of brocoli?!) but it's so entertaining. Wish it was out on Blu-Ray because the music and picture are fantastic. It's just like an ace, long music video!

Highly recommended for foreign film fans.

Survive Style 5+ [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Tadanobu Asano, Reika Hashimoto, Vinnie Jones

revixw-survive_style0oil11.jpg

survive1.jpg

BeldurrezkoAstea16_Survive_Style.jpg