aberdeen-music

Bench Album Launch

missed death by dave as i forgot to take flyers with me and went home for them. caught the last 30 seconds or something, seemed quite sweet

EYE fuckign EYE

absolutely amazing. inceredible. they were excellent at deadfest a few weeks ago, but this toppped it for sure!

BIGGGGG sound, songs that swirled and built for a long time, they lured you into a false sense of security and then battered you to death with something big

the drumming was particularly impressive, he was dictating much of what the band did and the cymbal work was excellent.

the best sound i have heard in the tunnels in a long time (for an in house engineer)

absolutely magnificent. it really hit hiome to me that most dundee bands have an awesome sound, good amps and they know how to use them.

i feel bad for this but....

i thought bench were awful

bad sound (the heavy bits lacked any low end or power), very predictable songs that didnt go anywhere and seemed to loud for the sake of going loud (but the band lost its power when they stepped on the pedals for some reason?), poor drumming (!), no original ideas, post rock by numbers played very poorly to be totally honest

its a shame, i was really dissapointed as i thought they might have came on a lot over the years, perhaps they would benefit from playing live more and more songwriting as a band.

eeeeek sorry guys

eeeek? that's quite alright. I would hate your guts and totally embarrass myself by posting an imiture response if it weren't for the fact that you're about the only person that gives any sort of proper 'constructive' critisism. You never make anything personal and its all about the music. We totally respect technical critisism like this.

And cheers again for coming along on Mon night!

• 4 weeks later...

thought that the bench lads and post riock fans in general will apreciate molia falls from sweden. best post rock band i have heard in ages, remind me of the appleseed cats, tristeza, explosions in the sky

www.myspace.com/moliafalls

playing in aberdeen friday 12th may in the tunnels with small enclosed area and the fall of boss koala

all details can be found here

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34751