aberdeen-music

Are You A Bassist? (Mk. III)

Van Cruden

Seriously we've not got nothing against bassists, in fact we love bassists and we really, really want one for gigging, the occassional laugh and a few beers. Luck just seems to be against us it seems. Third time lucky though hopefully...

Ok, so we're Rebel Thunder and have been trying in vain for the past few months to find a bassist. We found one back in December but she left and so we advertised here for a new bassist, got two replies but neither have really worked out and materialised into anything so here we are again.

We're heavily influenced by bands such as Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, Kiss, Poison, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, basically we love anything that rocks. All we want is someone who can play a bass guitar and is prepared to come along to a practice once a week most likely on a Sunday night. Skill level means nothing to us and as for age, probably no older than around 21/22, but if you're older/younger then we won't discriminate if you meet all the other criteria because at the end of the day age is a minor thing. We play both covers and original material (the original material has no bass lines so you have creative freedom there).

So if you're interested give me a shout, either PM me or drop a line in this thread. I check by everyday. We're also practicing this Saturday at Captain Tom's from 3-6pm so if you're interested in a jam feel free to come by and ask for us.

I think that should be everything, any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers!

Hi, I might be interested in solving your problem. I'm 17 (18 in April), available on Sunday nights and share most of your influences (but launch in Guns n' Roses, Zeppelin and your just about there). I just have a couple of questions: 1. Is Tom's where you normally practice or is it somewhere else.

2. If it's somewhere else do I need to take my own amp or do you guys already have a bass amp.

If you have any questions for me just E-mail me at kieran_imray@hotmail.com.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Kieran Imray

I dont play bass but i play guitar so if you guys ever need a guitarist then let me know cos you've got an awesome taste in music.

I'm afraid though we've already got two guitarists, myself included, in the band :(

But good luck with finding something. I'm sure something'll come up for ya', there's bound to be more folk in Aberdeen looking to play some proper 80's glam rock. If we ever are in need of an extra guitarist we'll give you a shout though.

Cheers!