aberdeen-music

Morrissey Quizzed by the FBI!

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13510641,00.html?f=rss

Morrissey Quizzed By FBI

British pop star Morrissey was quizzed by the FBI and Britain's Special Branch after he called President Bush a "terrorist".

The singer said he was "baffled" to be held and interviewed by the authorities.

But he was released when they realised the melancholic warbler was not a threat to the free world.

"The FBI and the Special Branch have investigated me and I've been interviewed and taped and so forth," he said.

"They were trying to determine if I was a threat to the government, and similarly in England.

"But it didn't take them very long to realise that I'm not."

Morrissey said the incident was proof that American and British societies were not as free as we believe.

"I don't belong to any political groups, I don't really say anything unless I'm asked directly and I don't even demonstrate in public," he said.

"I always assume that so-called authoritarian figures just assume that pop/rock music is slightly insane and an untouchable platform for the working classes to stand up and say something noticeable.

"My view is that neither England or America are democratic societies. You can't really speak your mind and if you do you're investigated."

o_O