aberdeen-music

The Forum

AKMartin

Say, for example, I wanted to hire the Forum for a night for a semi-private gig. Involving four bands. In May.

I've enquired about prices, security etc, but I'm just wondering if the Forum's sound/light/monitor system is any cop, or if we'd have to hire the above?

Also - does anyone know if the Forum have their own sound man, or would we have to find one?

cheers

AKM

The Forum In-House System

To the best of my knowledge you can only use the Forum in house sound system if you bring in a desk and sound engineer, and run your own snake to the power amps situated at stage right.

The installed system is Bose and is tuned to the cavern of a room for DJ performances and not live bands. Iv'e heard it twice for live bands and it was bleeding aweful !

Every time we play there we drag in our own PA ( Nexo, Turbosound, Crown ) cos that way we are sure of a good sound.

If you are showcasing bands, then give them a chance and bring in a decent PA with engineer.

I would suggest at least 5k consisting of subs, mids and tops either stacked at each side of the stage or at floor level supported on plinths to get the height for throw.

The Forum lights are fine.

I am not sure that The Forum has a stage foldback system ( monitors )

Good luck with your event.

Trannyvan