aberdeen-music

Elton John to Play at Pittodrie

Last Wrong

No not football but music

From th Dons website

"aberdeen scores hat trick with elton

10 March 2004 13:42

Sir Elton John today announced his only Scottish Appearance this summer. Elton and his band will perform at Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen on Friday 18th June.

The Pittodrie date will be the third and final leg of three football stadium appearances, the others being at Ashton Gate, (Bristol City) and Portman Road (Ipswich Town).

Tickets will go on public sale on Monday 15th March at 9am and can be purchased by phoning the Elton John ticket hotline.

Tickets for this fully reserved seated event are priced at 35, 40 and 60, with a limited number of premium tickets also available.

Elton will perform over two and half hours of hits from an incredible back catalogue spanning over three decades, including classic Hits 'Your Song', 'Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting', 'Are You Ready For Love', 'Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me' and 'I Want Love'.

Announcing the date, Dons Chief Executive Keith Wyness commented. "Work has been going on behind the scenes for quite a considerable time to put this concert together. I'm sure our supporters, and indeed the populace of the North of Scotland, will agree that this will be an unforgettable way to commemorate the start of the Club's second century.

Sir Elton is currently in the middle of a sell-out tour in the United States, which includes ten nights at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas commencing later this month.

He's an amazing performer who has written some classic songs, don't see why everyone has such a problem with him, 'Goodbye yellow brick road', Sacrifice, Benny and the jets, I'm still standing, classic rock/pop. As a performer he ceratinly rates as one of the best i've ever seen, and I've seen a few great ones. I went to see him last year the same week i went to see Iron maiden, i was much more looking forward to maiden, and Elton John gave the better and longer show and the sound was much better, basically was just better !!

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada

(To the Tune of "My Old Man Said Follow the Van")

"Don't sit down when Elton's around,

Unless you want a penis up your arse."

As sung by away fans when he was chairman of Watford.

Originally posted by jester1470:

He's an amazing performer who has written some classic songs, don't see why everyone has such a problem with him, 'Goodbye yellow brick road', Sacrifice, Benny and the jets, I'm still standing, classic rock/pop. As a performer he ceratinly rates as one of the best i've ever seen, and I've seen a few great ones. I went to see him last year the same week i went to see Iron maiden, i was much more looking forward to maiden, and Elton John gave the better and longer show and the sound was much better, basically was just better !!

Cheers

Stuart

thats as well stuart but the man has done an awful lot of pish in his time, more pish than good stuff, the early to mid 80's period for example.... actually all his 80's stuff and most of his 90's stuff but you know you gotta respect him for lasting the distance.....

Originally posted by delboy:

thats as well stuart but the man has done an awful lot of pish in his time, more pish than good stuff, the early to mid 80's period for example.... actually all his 80's stuff and most of his 90's stuff but you know you gotta respect him for lasting the distance.....

I quite like some fo the 80's and 90's stuff, things like 'Sacrifice' etc. I also can't think of any band that's been around for 35 years and not done some pish stuff, often more pish than good, but people get remembered for their good stuff, reminds me of that bit in High Fidelity. should a once great artist be judged on his present crimes or past triumphs, when talking about Stevie Wonder. When we saw him he played a lot of the odler stuff including his cover of pinball Wizard, and if he plays a similar set, he'll be worth seeing,

Cheers

Stuart