aberdeen-music

Arctic Bloody Monkeys

Graeme

It is a shame' date=' because the band themselves seem like nice guys and they are a good band, but they're just going to be over-played and over-hyped until they go straight into the ground.[/quote']

there not that nice, yeah they dont like the hype n that but when we met them they werent interested n only seemed to talk to the girls, fair enough but it was people like us who got them to where they are now and they should appreciate that. There album is really really good tho, when i got the demos ages ago that was all i listened to.

And when the NME listed the singer as the No.1 cool person of all time or whatever that almost made me weep. At least it broke my habit of buying that crappy mag every week and failing to understand why.

Yeh that had the same effect on me. I opened it up, flicked to number one, closed the magazine...game over. It was at the point where I was just reading it out of a cringeworthy fascination at what garbage they'd be spouting that week: Topman sponsored student guides, unreleased albums proclaimed better than Bob Dylan's entire back catalogue, full page articles about how brilliant MySpace is...

I don't see what the hype is about either

Yeah me neither - I checked them out on purevolume but I didn't think they sounded at all different from the usual british sounding indie band.