aberdeen-music

Last night was a good night for television

Guest tv tanned

Richard Dawkins came across as incredibly arrogant and rude in that program.

The advert put me off straight away when he said "For good people to do evil things, it requires Religion".

What, so every instance of a normally good person doing something evil is motivated by religion? What about Politics? I was shouting at the T.V as soon as I heard him say that.

Absolute nonsense, for every couple of good documentaries C4 puts on, they have one clown

Tonight is even better ...

12PM Ten Things You Wanted To know About Sex but Were Too Afraid To Ask (BBC 1)

Me and Calum who is not a philosopher turned over to this when it was half way finished (ie. we didn't know what it was). Seriously, we have never been speechless before, but there are no words to describe the wtfness of this film.

edit: like, what the hell was Woody Allen thinking?

edit 2: was he drunk?

edit 3: yeah he was probably durnk

Have you actually read any of Dawkins' stuff?

I haven't, but unless he's a psychologist or mathematician, I don't see why what he has to say about religion should be of any importance. Not that I respect these two professions (I didn't watch the recent BBC programme about the roots of religion, because it was presented by Professor Robert Winston - a psychologist) you understand, but they are at least fields whose research might impact on religion.

In the programme billing, he was just described as "scientist". What kind of scientist is he?

When Satan came to Town should really have been renamed "When Satan made a public statement saying that in under no circumstances was he coming to town as he was staying at home to watch Twins on DVD"... The program fairly showed up the Rochdale social services, but I was wanting Satanists!

Guest tv tanned
I haven't' date=' but unless he's a psychologist or mathematician, I don't see why what he has to say about religion should be of any importance. Not that I respect these two professions (I didn't watch the recent BBC programme about the roots of religion, because it was presented by Professor Robert Winston - a psychologist) you understand, but they are at least fields whose research might impact on religion.

In the programme billing, he was just described as "scientist". What kind of scientist is he?[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins