aberdeen-music

Bass Amp 200-300

Gav

Right me and my mate(bassist) are trying to put a rock band together ie.RATM ACDC GNR etc. Now ive pretty much settled on getting a Marshall DSL401 thanks to the advice on here so thanks for that.

Now we're trying to get a decent bass amp sorted with a budget of 250 and after much time spent on bass forums its seem the Ashdown Electric Blue 180w combo is the amp of choice. Only thing is, whats better to go with - the 200 12inch speaker or the 250 15inch speaker version. There seemed to be much debate as to which sounded better, the 12 or 15 and the 12 is 50 cheaper. But wont the 15 give more low-end?

Another thing that provoked debate was wattage needed for gigging, bearing in mind it'll be up against the DSL401. Is 180w enough for the local venues? If not i spotted the Ashdown MAG 300Watt for 300. 50 over budget but a fair bit more oomph. Any opinions would be brilliant. Cheers

as you will be a new band to the scene, cheaper will be better. just a littel decent practice amp would do you guys nice, most venues in aberdeen have bass amps, and you dont even need to use a bass amp on stage if you dont want to, as adam said, just DI the bass, and you will still get a really nice sound.