aberdeen-music

Instrumentation...

Guest Philip

Erm, well The Void use a synth! And we would use a hell of a lot more had we the musical talent. I'd really like that middle eastern instrument that i can't remember the name of, but it is in Tool's "Reflection" and the Blade Runner soundtrack - which is so unbelievably awesome, that i might just have to make another post dedicated to it!

processors

i think the key to non experimentation with instrumentation lies in lazyness and processors. You can make a guitar sound like a flute, a whistle, etc etc.DSP or digital signal processing allows you to create preset sounds which can imitate those achieved at a much lesser cost EXAMPLE: - altering the parameters of a guitar effects pedal.

In addition, the drums and bass provide a fundamental grounding for adding harmony and melody to.

the drums control the tempo and dynamics, the bass provides a key and rhythm to which the guitar and vocals can be added.

oh and try dividing the profits from a gig between a brass section and woodwind section and a percussion section. nae good a ta

Build you own orchestra on a PC and takeover the world dude

There are no limits to the sounds you can make.

Fruity loops is awesome. Sonic Foundry Acid Pro is cool and the Propellerheads program Reason is loaded with didgeridoos to drainpipes.

oh and that way you get to keep all the profits to yourself

mmmmmm sound like plan

:band: