aberdeen-music

Lemon Tree Sat 28th Feb

ghost

This isn't really an in depth review as I only caught the last 3 songs of Hookers Green's set, but boy oh boy it was good. Loved the dual drumming, and coupled with Mike's basslines you got totally drawn into the songs. The place was packed out too which made a lovely change.

Critical comment - the brass section sounded muddy and rather overawed by the rest of the instruments - don't know if this was because the mics were too close to the instruments (ie: inside them) or they were just badly EQ-ed.

Hoping others can come in and add their thoughts here.

Originally posted by ghost:

hg1_small.jpg

Thats me with the red hat.

Yeah... I've noticed with the few times I've seen hookers green live that the brass sections can sound a bit muddy... but meh... they still played a great show.

Originally posted by ghost:

This isn't really an in depth review as I only caught the last 3 songs of Hookers Green's set, but boy oh boy it was good. Loved the dual drumming, and coupled with Mike's basslines you got totally drawn into the songs. The place was packed out too which made a lovely change.

Thank you very much, though I don't think my basslines were that important, but glad they were appreciated in my final gig... I thought the whole thing was great, everyone in the band had a good time I think, it was certainly my favourite gig by a mile... Thought the first song (which I didn't play on) was great, bodes very well for the future I thought... who knows, if I move back, maybe I can convince them to let me play bagpipes for them...

I only had eyes for alcoholic and shiny things that evening... my brain was in for repair back at the lab.

That's unless you had a disco ball attached to your head? Then I saw you... but I swear it was on the ceiling... I could be wrong.

We shall meet again, Simpson... one day... one day.

Originally posted by less_than_stu:

I didn't get to go see it. I really wanted to see Hookers Green, cos I've not seen them yet, and I hear thery're very good. If anyone knows when they're next playing, please post, cos I still want to see them.

http://www.geocities.com/hookersgreenone

It tells you all you need to know... click various parts of the tree picture and it takes you various places... you'll get the hang of it.

Gig listing are on there... as well as some other thangs, homeboy.