aberdeen-music

Everyone enjoy Femora etc at Moshulu last night?

Dan G

So I've finally found the thread about this gig :rolleyes:

Like most of you, I thought for a first gig, Fermora were excellent. Although a few of the songs, for me, seemed to go on forever. Was really impressed by Darren's singing and Kev's drumming. A bit more talking to the crowd wouldn't have gone a miss though!

My Mind's Weapon were by far my favourite band of the night. Their sound isn't exactly one I love but I loved every second of the set, fairly got my head nodding. Can't wait for the next gig.

Point Of Origin... I dunno. I only liked Misery and About A Girl. I really enjoyed the 'comeback' gig at Drakes but Moshulu and the last one at Kef I was really bored half of the time. I much preferred the faster, bouncier PoO.

And as usual, I loved Quik. In Dreams and Second chance were both played brilliantly, and who can beat Tomato Soup!?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Femora- It was a a great first gig. Catchy riffs, brilliant solo's from Chris(guitarist?), great drumming from Kev and nice vocals from Crocker. They were pretty tight and did well on their first gig.

MMW-Was an awesome set and the new songs are really good. Was hard to hear ben's vocals but thats all been explained anyway. The whole band have got a great energy on stage and put on a good show.

Poo-Was a good set and glad to see them putting on different songs other than the same songs all the time which is good. Best song had to be the last song(cant remember what it was called).

Quik- I left just before they started as I was quite tired so I didnt get to catch their set.

T'was a good gig and looking forward to retract.the.thorn numero 3