aberdeen-music

EMI blocks Beatles album remix

Guest Craig

Originally posted by soundian:

It's more like doing a Times crossword but only being allowed to use a tiny pocket dictionary. It won't contain the all answers. The computer doing it was an analogy to the old Shakespeare, infinite amount of monkeys, typewriters thing.

Yeah I know, I just think that was his point in doing it, as a challenge. Maybe that's why he was distributing it for free on the net rather than trying to sell it. An interesting project.

By the way, I heard somewhere they once tried the monkeys typewriters thing. The first pronouncable word they came up with was......Chumbawumba.

At least Funky Cold Medina had some genuine originality in it (unless he ripped off the lyrics as well).

True. That was a separate point about if/when a sample becomes the creation of the sampler.

... but to do something that I could do doesn't command any respect at all.

I don't think I'm talented so if I could do it, why would I think someone else was talented for doing it?

I was just trying to be funny, probably failing as per, but that just struck me as overly modest. You get plenty of respect from me for what you do. If I tried it, I would be up on several murder counts by now...