aberdeen-music

Que Pasa? mexican teles

flyingsinatra

I guess it is down to taste. I have ordered/am ordering one & possibly modifiying it (because I'm into that crap :)). I personally think both guitars are brilliant, but the mexican is more for me as it is cheaper, lighter, and has a better rock tone & less twang than the American. Of course the American will be slightly better quality, it is parts wise in certain places, but the Mexican is still a brilliant guitar, I wouldn't be getting one if it was shite!

hmmm i was going to buy a mexican tele (purely because i couldn't afford the american one) and i tried it out through a marshall valvestate2000 avt-100 (what i use anyway) and i just couldn't get it to sound any good. infact as i remember, it sounded absolute pish. it's way too twangy and tinny sounding. also it appeared that you can't get mexican ones with a rosewood fingerboard leaving only maple as an option (gads).

i wouldn't buy one. well.......................................maybe the american one.

Guest operator zero

well i reckon that's down to personal taste - I'm not a big fan of fenders but i can see why people like them! (think about jimi hendrix and stevie ray vaughan - i don't think the visible stuff they did (i.e the most famous images of them) would be the same if they had a different guitar in their arms...)